Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm not allowed to have any political opinions (or at least express them), but Obama!!! You all know what I'm feeling right now. I'm proud. I went down to Osh on Tuesday to help with a special class on the US election system (explaining the electoral college makes it obvious what an odd and unnecessarilly complicated system it is...) and to watch the commentary and results on international CNN. I feel like this will be one of those moments that everyone remembers where they were when they heard. I was in the American Center in Osh, Kyrgyzstan, with other volunteers, Kyrgyz students, and US embassy workers. That's pretty amazing.
Besides that, I don't really have much to say. It's pretty much been more of same recently. I do, however, have some pictures, so they should say more than I can now.





Ariel and her amazing counterpart. We (and by we, I obviously mean Ariel's counterpart) made the best samsas of my life. These were potatoes and cheese inside a baked bread pocket, kind of like samosas, with different fillings.










Last weekend, I went hiking in the walnut forest. It was a really foggy day, but the views were still spectacular


















The forest itself is kind of creepy with the fallen leaves and the fog. Sleepy Hollow, anyone?









More hiking views















We had hotdogs and roasted peppers for lunch. Luckily, our group had two Eagle Scouts and one ex Air Force guy. Apparently they can make a fire out of pretty much anything, including very wet wood.















My classroom












My room. Notice the SC pride.

No comments: