Friday, December 19, 2008

Yesterday was my three month anniversary of being a real volunteer! After three months of flailing around, I feel like I'm finally where I'm supposed to be. Yesterday, I joined Fritz and Ginger (other Jbad volunteers) for a Kyrgyz class. Getting there involved walking actross the airport runway, which is not something I thought I would ever do. There were also sheep joining us, of course. After our class, I went back to Fritz and Ginger's house, where we spent the next five hours drinking a few beers and just talking, about Peace Corps, volunteers, ourselves, their kids, and pretty much anything. It was really great to be able to relax and made me realize how lucky I am to have such a great group here that I've connected with so well.
This week was our first snow! It's coming down pretty hard right now, and it's really beautiful. All of the Soviet buildings look much better with some snow there to soften the concrete edges...
School is now out for a month-long break. My new counterpart and I will spend a lot of it working on lesson plans and everything for the upcoming semester, which I'm very excited about. I think working with her is going to be amazing, and we're going to do some great things together.
Also, not to sound needy or anything, but if anyone wants to send me anything, there is a volunteer from here going home for a break next week. She'll be there for about a month. She's offered for anyone to send things to her, and she'll bring them back with her. So, if anyone wants to make me feel loved (keep it relitively small, she does have to fly back with it), send anything to:
Susan Nosal
601 Wirsing Ave.
Greensburg, PA 15601
USA!
It should be much easier, cheaper, faster, and more likely to get to me than anything sent via Kyrgyz mail...
Hope the Christmas celebrations are kicking off well for everyone else!

No comments: