Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just a quick update

I've now written two entries to make for last week and this week, and have them both safely on a flashdrive (along with some picutures of my village), but apparently this computer does't have a USB drive, so there goes that brilliant planning. I'm going into Bishkek for a trip to the art museum there, so I will get better computer access from there. I'll post both of those brilliant entries then, so I'll keep this one short.
Everything is going extremely well so far. I absolutely love my host family (a mother, father, three daughters, aged 10, 16, and 23, and a 22 year-old boy who doesn't live here). The house is cute and has been voted the best outhouse of our village houses!
Training is intense, but great. We have class six days a week, for most of the day, so I'm learning a lot but having fun too.
The weather is hot, but nothing I'm not used to, and almost always sunny.
Stay tuned on Saturday for more comprehensive updates, and hopefully a cell phone too!
I hope everyone at home is doing great. Let me know what's going on in your lives.

Love to all!

Leslie

No comments: